We are a community of Jesus followers endeavoring to live out our calling to be disciples making disciples. As such, we’re devoted to building an engaged, passionate, spiritually healthy community of people that makes up Gracepoint Church. We are committed to the vision of a Jesus-looking God raising up a Jesus-looking people to transform the world in a Jesus-kind of way.
Our conviction is that Jesus is the perfect revelation of God’s true nature (Hebrews 1:3). Jesus doesn’t merely reveal part of what God is like. Rather, the fullness of God is in Christ and revealed through Christ (Colossians 1:19; 2:9). As Jesus himself tells us, when we see him, we see the very character of the Father (John 14:7-9). From his incarnation, to his ministry, death and ascension, Jesus reveals the truth that God’s nature is other-oriented, non-violent, self-sacrificial love.
Therefore, we believe that all of our thinking about God, our reading and teaching of Scripture, and our life as a community of disciples making disciples must be done through the lens of Jesus’ own life and teaching.
CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR COMMUNITY
- The centrality of the Gospel being expressed in all aspects of a person’s life (1 Corinthians 2:2; 15:1-4; Galatians 6:14).
- God-centered and Spirit-filled worship, which includes: singing, preaching, prayer, communion, and baptism (John 4:23-24).
- An understanding that we have been sent by God as missionaries in our own culture (Matthew 4:19; John 20:21; Acts 16:20; 17:6) to make disciples of all peoples (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8).
- A recognition of our dependence upon the Holy Spirit to empower and lead believers as agents for evangelizing and making disciples (Acts 1:8; Luke 4:1, 14, 18).
- A commitment to walk in community with others as Jesus pursues them in His own way and timing (1 Corinthians 9:19-23; Matthew 5:13-16, John 15:12-17, 1 John 4:19-21).
- A celebration of God's unconditional love of all people (John 3:16; Acts 10:34-35; 1 John 4:10; 1 John 2:2).
- Baptism of all believers by immersion in Jesus name (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38, 8:16, 10:48, 19:5, 22:16; Romans 6:3-4; Galatians 3:27; James 2:7) .
- Loving God, the creator of all things, with all of our heart, soul, strength and mind (Matthew 22:37; Luke 10:27; Deuteronomy 10:12).
- Loving our neighbor as ourselves, in word and deed (Mark 21:31; Philippians 2:3; 1 Corinthians 10:24; Romans 13:9-10, 15:2; Galatians 5:14, 6:10; Isaiah 1:17; James 1:27).
- Faithfulness to the witness of scripture as true, trustworthy and inspired of God (2 Timothy 3:14-17; Acts 2:42).
journey with us
Participate in our Sunday gatherings as we study the scriptures and celebrate the arrival of God’s kingdom.
- Bible Study Sundays @ 11am (coffee @ 10:45am)
- Worship Sundays @ noon
Volunteer to help with one of the various community service projects supported by Gracepoint (contact for details).
free rides and child care available: call 530.534.1018 or contact us here.